Solution grade Calcium Nitrate (15.5-0-0) is 100% water soluble and when used with Masterblend (4-18-38) and magnesium sulfate (sold separately), you get a super charged solution that contains all the macro and micro nutrients your plants need to thrive.
Nitrogen is required for photosynthesis. Without it, plants cannot process light into sugars for growth. When your plants don’t have enough nitrogen, leaves will begin to yellow or fade and growth will slow or stop altogether.
Calcium provides structural strength to plants’ cell walls. A calcium deficiency will often show up as brown spots on the outer edge of new leaves signifying that the cells have started to collapse. Calcium deficiencies are also the cause of blossom end rot in tomatoes, peppers and other vegetables.
For use in Hydroponics
- Place 25 litres of warm water into a container
- Add 16 grams Masterblend into the water and mix until completely dissolved.
- Add 8 grams of Magnesium Sulfate into the water and mix until completely dissolved.
- Add 16 grams of Calcium Nitrate (15.5-0-0) into the water and mix until completely dissolved.
- Nutrient solution is now ready for use.
Use Calcium Nitrate as a foliar spray to treat a deficiency or for disease prevention. A foliar spray is best applied early in the day. If applying to indoor plants, place a fan near the plant after application to encourage air flow.
- To treat a deficiency, mix 1 tbsp per litre of water
- To use as a preventative measure, mix 1 tsp per litre of water
- Mix until completely dissolved
- Spray onto plant foliage
- Apply 1 – 2 times during the growing season
Apply 1 tsp of Calcium Nitrate around the base of your plant each season, or before planting to prevent deficiencies as your plants grow. Water well after application.
There are no reviews yet.