Very low sodium, pre-washed 100% coco coir. Unlike most growing media, coco coir is a sustainable and renewable resource that is made from the outer husk of the coconut – a byproduct of the coconut industry. Available loose or in 4.8 kg compressed bricks. Good water retention and aeration properties to promote healthy root growth. Use it on its own or mix in our 50/50 mix of perlite and vermiculite in a 1:1 ratio for a grow medium that will promote optimal root development.
DIRECTIONS FOR COMPRESSED BRICK:
- Place in a container at least 5x the size of the block
- Add 3 to 3.5 litres of warm water for each kg
- Soak for 20-25 minutes until material has expanded to maximum volume (4-5 x original size)
- Drain off any excess water
- Optional: Add Gecko Grow 50/50 Perlite and Vermiculite Mix in a 1:1 ratio
- Add to net cups or sprouting trays and plant seeds directly in coco coir
Note: This product is not buffered. Although buffering is not required, if you wish to buffer your coco coir, simply rinse it with a calcium nitrate solution.
- reptile bedding
- potting mix
- soil amendment
- concrete reinforcement
- mud kitchens (makes clean mud pies)
There are no reviews yet.